Friday, October 1, 2010

Lighting


I really want to make the bike stand out when commuting.  Too many SMIDSY's out there ("sorry mate, I didn't see ya").

I put some Narva Platinum H7 bulbs in.  They are a "whiter" light.  I don't think they make me see any better, but the light is more distinctive.  I also removed the small park lights either side of the headlight and replaced them with 1 watt LEDs.  They draw only 20% of the current of the bulbs they replace, but are extremely bright - almost a blue white.  I got them from: http://ledbulbs.co.nz/product_info.php/cPath/1/products_id/31?osCsid=1032f5d3ba82206717b1dfc14192c0e7

I added some bikevis bullet lights under the fairing lower edge at the front.  http://www.bikevis.com/motorcycle-led-running-lights.html  They are very bright for their size.  The 4 LEDs add a "square" of light around the headlight, making it stand out a little more whilst keeping current draw minimal

Do they work?  They get noticed and cars move out of the way for me more.



No comments:

Post a Comment